Re: on diverging memberships between alioth/salsa and unix group

On 14/03/18 at 14:52 +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 02:39:25PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Is there any reason why the "Request membership" button is lacking for
> > the qa team on Salsa?
>
> I don't remember whether I was the one who disabled it (but I don't
> think so), but I approve the lack of that button.
>
> The reason is exactly in the message you quoted, we already received
> join requests on salsa that don't match the goal of the team there.
>
> >       Andreas (who intends to commit some patches for UDD)
>
> I added you as master of the udd project.
>
> There are these other people who are in the 'uddadm' LDAP group but not
> in the udd project or qa team on salsa:
>
>  * paulproteus
>  * laney
>  * ivodd
>  * richih
>  * tobald
>
> Except from ivodd I don't remember seeing any commits from any of them
> in the last years, so I wonder if somebody should clean up ACLs a bit
> here as well… (disclaimer: I didn't actually check, just going by
> memory).
>

> Whether adding people to the single UDD project is enough/fine instead
> of adding people like you to the qa team is up to discuss, but
> apparently nobody is up to discuss it in thise thread, and nobody but
> buxy took his time to answer reply to my mail challenging my opinion.

As a data point, I also added Andreas to the qa group (as Developer) after
he asked in private mail and I didn't check debian-qa@ ;)

I have no opinion on whether we should add people to projects or to the
qa group.

I've added 'clean up the addadm LDAP group' to my to-do list (low
priority)

Lucas