Re: adding a new PTS keyword (Re: [Reproducible-builds] Usefulness of periodic reproducible builds e-mails

On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 09:13:19PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> > > This wouldn't work with the current implementation, which is emailing
> > > $pkg@packages.debian.org.  Anyway, I received a suggestion of setting up
> > > a new PTS keyword, so then people can go and subscribe there, maybe
> > > using the team facility of the new tracker to subscribe to the whole lot
> > > (i beliebe it works that way?).
> > >
> > > Does anybody knows how to achive that?
>
> What kind of mails are we referring to?

We are talking about very short mails, actually one-liners like

(this one will be sent out this evening)

> In general, it's OK to use the package tracker to relay important data
> about the packages... but I don't think that a dedicated keyword helps
> here. We have a "build" keyword already and I believe that reproducible
> mails should be sent via that keyword as well.
>
> That said it depends on the mails... we really want only notifications
> when something significant changes.

Well, we'd like a dedicate keywoard exactly because for a lot of people
this is not significant.
The current implementation of sending mails to $pkg@packages.d.o makes
the mail use the "contact" keyword, and imho this is bad, usually people
interested in contact only are not interested in this kind of info.

> About the implementation it can be done simply by mailing a specific
> email address that encodes both the package and the keyword.

Yes, but I guess this require something "qa side", or is it enough to
just start sending mails to package_reproducible@packages.qa.debian.org
(or package_reproducible@tracker.debian.org, but that way old PTS user
wouldn't get those mails)
??