Re: [ANNOUNCE] Introducing ScanCode, a new tool to scan code for licenses and origin.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Philippe Ombredanne wrote:

> ScanCode is a new tool to scan code for open source licenses and origin.

Interesting, thanks for the mail.

> Feedback welcomed.

It would be great if you could get this packaged for Debian

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

> ScanCode could be an adjunct for package QA and could also help
> maintainers to create or update package copyright files.

I would suggest implementing these two output formats if you haven't
already, the latter would be very useful for Debian maintainers.

http://spdx.org/
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

--
bye,