Re: Announcing the new Debian Code Search Instant

Context:
https://people.debian.org/~stapelberg/2014/12/03/debian-code-search-instant.html

> Instant indexing
[...]
> The time between uploading a package and being able to find it in Debian
> Code Search therefore now ranges from a couple of minutes to
> about an hour, instead of about a week!

Hey Michael, great exciting news on the Code Search front, thanks for
working on them!

I was wondering, does the above mean that we can lower the 2-week grace
period before expiring packages on Debsources?  The main reason for such
a long grace period was avoiding breaking codesearch.d.n links, but
seems moot now(?).

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .