Re: tracker & pts

Hi,

On Montag, 1. Dezember 2014, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> OK, those are legitimate concerns (and blockers for your use cases,
> IIUC), but they are unrelated to the actual timeline for shutting down
> the old PTS.

yes & yes

> That is to say: you are not migrating "your" links for
> reasons other than "the tracker hasn't been officially blessed as PTS
> replacement yet", right?

well, that and because of these bugs the new tracker breaks my habbits, so I'm
reluctant for selfish^wpersonal reasons too.

> I have no idea if someone is maintaining a list of legitimate "blockers"
> that are inhibiting a complete migration to the new tracker (including a
> shutdown of the old one). My tentative answer about this would be "no
> one is doing that", but I might be wrong.  Personally, I certainly
> consider the new tracker good enough and I've stopped using the old PTS
> long ago. The main reason for keeping around the old PTS, at least for
> me, is currently in the realm of "let's give people enough time to
> migrate their links, habits, etc".

/me nods. I think such a list of blockers would be useful, but I'm not going
to do it...

> In the meantime, if people have migration blockers, the best way forward
> is providing patches :) ; and the second best let this list know (as you
> just did).

..as I also don't have time to provide patches here, mostly due to lack of
time but also because CSS is not my favorite programming language ;)

cheers,
	Holger