Re: Differences between fields in debian/control and upstream-metadata

Hi Charles,

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 07:41:13PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> If the final result is extra work and confusion, how about adding a comment
> that this field should be avoided for the moment ?

Sounds reasonable (same for Watch field).

> In any case, the Homepage field of debian/control should have precedence.

+1

I see your good intention to assemble data clearly related to upstream
in one place but pragmatically we need to accept that our tools are not
using the data at this place and unused data tend to bitrot.  Since
there would be a very easy migration path in case there might be some
agreement to move the data to some other place which can be easily done
by some automatic script, I would not recommend to use the Homepage and
Watch field in debian/upstream/metadata.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de