Re: Differences between fields in debian/control and upstream-metadata

Le Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 11:57:25AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 07:21:51AM +0200, Simon Kainz wrote:
> > But, maybe i got this completely wrong....
>
> ... or it is not the best idea to duplicate data at different places.

Hi all,

In the past, I added Homepage fields in my packages' upstream metadata files as
proof of principle and posture to emphasise that this information, which can
change independantly from the packaged work's source code, could be handled
better than as a field in debian/control.

Then I documented the field in https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata and
others followed using it.

If the final result is extra work and confusion, how about adding a comment
that this field should be avoided for the moment ?

In any case, the Homepage field of debian/control should have precedence.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan