Re: Differences between fields in debian/control and upstream-metadata

Am 2014-09-03 05:11, schrieb David Prévot:
> Hi,
>
> Le 02/09/2014 17:04, Simon Kainz a écrit :
>> mira upstream-metadata:
>> http://www.chevreux.org/projects_mira.html control-file:
>> http://chevreux.org/projects_mira.html diff size: 34 lines
>
> Please note that those differences are just of the self-link kind,
> as translated by lynx: neither wget nor w3m spot any difference
> here.
>
> -   1. http://chevreux.org/index0.html […] +   1.
> http://www.chevreux.org/index0.html
>
> Regards
>
> David

Hello,

yes, false positive, thank you. It is probably the wrong way to
compare websites the way I do. But still, there are some which are
definitly not the same webiste. So i guess this should be done by
hand, which is currently quite possible, given that I found currently
only 27 possible issues.

OTOH, maybe i got this completely wrong, and both links may eventually
point to different urls.

Policy [0] says,  the Homepage: field is "
The URL of the web site for this package, preferably (when applicable)
the site from which the original source can be obtained and any
additional upstream documentation or information may be found. The
content of this field is a simple URL without any surrounding
characters such as <>. "

So, to my understanding, this should then point to the same URL as the
entry in upstream-metadata, if there is a website for the original
upstream work availabe.

But, maybe i got this completely wrong....

Bye,

Simon

[0]
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Homepage