Maybe the vxl package should be rather removed?

Hi Mathieu,

I've just came across your bug report that requests to have the vxl
package orphaned. AFAIUI, there are no packages in debian that link
against it. If this is true, I would argue to have the package
removed. It seems to be inside debian, providing this software as
system library serves little value and that interested users are much
better off compiling from upstream sources directly.

Do you agree? In this case, we should reassign this bug to
ftp.debian.org and ask for its removal.

--
regards,
    Reinhard