Re: Q concerning canonical urls

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 06:23:46AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > I admit I consider it quite frustrating that Alioth admins want us to
> > change Vcs-Urls in all our packages for no visible use and do not even
> > show a slight reaction to bug reports concerning Vcs-Urls which would
> > not be broken if we would have kept them untouched. :-(
>
> I think it is safer to assume that, like most of Debian, the Alioth
> admins are busy people, are aware of the issue, will fix this issue
> when they have time to do so

This is what I always assume

> and that there is no need to to change
> Vcs-* URLs in packages.

This is a misunderstanding.  We just *had* working (non-canonical) Vcs-*
URLs which do also work these days and than we were suggested to switch
to something that does not work reliable.  I was never a fan of these
canonical URLs and feel my reluctance proven hereby.

And yes, I know that this mail of mine is unproductive and steals time
of other readers but hey, sometimes I'm human.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de