Re: moving edos.debian.net to qa.debian.org?

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 09:39:05PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for a while Ralf has taken care of the edos.debian.net service which
> runs an installability checker over the unstable/testing/stable Packages
> files.  In recent months that service has suffered from availability
> issues.  Since I use it quite frequently, that makes me sad :)
> I believe it might be good to move it to Debian infrastructure
> so more people would be able to take care of any problems, without
> depending on a single person having enough time at the right moment.

thanks to Julien for this reminder ;-) I agree that the service has to
migrate, for two reasons:

- the current machine hosting this service (an old machine of the mancoosi
project) has started to show quite frequent problems. At the moment I am
completely locked out of the machine, for instance :-(

- we have to move from edos-debcheck to dose-debcheck which is multi-arch
aware. Since the output format changes this means that the code generating
the summaries of the results has to be adapted. That means probably to
rewrite it completely in python.

Julien (and anyone else who is using this service), can you please tell me
which of the features of the old edos-debcheck are in your opinion
useful or not useful:

- checking stable
- keeping summaries up to 7 days old
- calculate diffs between the outputs of successive days
- calculate a summary of packages not installable on any architecure
- calculate a summary of packages not installable on some architecure
- differentiate between arch=all packages, and arch-specific packages.

Any new features on your wishlist ?

Cheers -Ralf.