Hpfall

I am having trouble getting driveguard to work. When i run "sudo dpkg -i hpfall.....deb" this is what I get.

root@kali:~# sudo dpkg -i hpfall_2.6.38-0pmjdebruijn1~natty_amd64.deb
(Reading database ... 307003 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace hpfall 2.6.38-0pmjdebruijn1~natty (using hpfall_2.6.38-0pmjdebruijn1~natty_amd64.deb) ...
initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
Unpacking replacement hpfall ...
Setting up hpfall (2.6.38-0pmjdebruijn1~natty) ...
initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
initctl: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
start: Unable to connect to Upstart: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused
invoke-rc.d: initscript hpfall, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing hpfall (--install):
 hpfall

I have googled this issue and I cant seem to find a fix for this issue. I am running Kali Linux 1.37.