Re: [PTS] Unneeded upstream version mangling in separate watch files

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 07:53:28PM +0200, Micha Lenk wrote:
> Hi Bart,
>
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 04:07:51 +0000, Bart Martens wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 08:18:12PM +0200, Micha Lenk wrote:
> >> [...] may I kindly ask you to remove the watch files for
> >> libaqbanking, libchipcard and libgwenhywfar from the collection of
> >> separate watch files?
> >
> > You can remove them since I put the separate watch files in svn, but I'll
> > remove them now.
>
> Before I asked I tried, but didn't succeed: The subversion server
> refused the commit with the message "permission denied". Apparently
> being a Debian Developer is not sufficient to have write access to the
> sepwatch SVN repository.

I get a confusing "permission denied" message as well, while the commit does
succeed.  Maybe the commit succeeds for you as well.

> > Note however that besides adding ~ before beta there are more
> > relevant changes :
> > - escaping the dots in the file extension (.tar.gz should be \.tar\.gz)
> > - more file extensions (not only gz but also bz2 and xz)
> > - less strict version pattern ([\d.]*[a-z]*\d* should be \d\S*)
>
> Thanks for the heads up, I will consider these improvements in the next
> uploads of my packages. However, I would have appreciated these hints
> also before hand (e.g. by a comment in the modified debian/watch file).

Such hints are already documented on the wiki, and you're welcome to add more
hints there.  I understand that some applicable comments in the separate watch
files could be useful, but so far I haven't found a practical solution for that
for over 2000 separate watch files.  I'll keep this in mind, and who knows I
find a solution at some point in the future.

Regards,

Bart Martens