Re: Accepting uscan patches (Was: Re: [Debian Wiki] Mise à jour de « debian/watch » par PaulWise)

Hi James,

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 09:46:26PM -0400, James McCoy wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2013 at 12:10:32PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Besides the fact that it was mentioned that there is such a bug I wonder
> > how bugs for devscripts are really handled.  I did opened two bugs, created
> > a Git repository with patches, described things in Wiki[1] ... and now?
>
> As was mentioned in the wiki, we were waiting for Wheezy to release.
> That's happened and I'm trying to work through the backlog of requested
> features for devscripts' scripts.  This was near the top of my list, but
> I've been a little strapped for time.  It hasn't been forgotten, though.

Great.  Sorry if I sounded impatiently.

> > I was asked several times when all people could profit.  I added some
> > hint given by Benjamin Drung about automatic test cases to the Wiki[2] -
> > but I do not really feel competent to push this forward (and I wonder
> > actually why exactly for this patch this test case feature should be
> > required).
>
> Now that we have a test infrastructure, we prefer to have tests
> accompany new functionality.  Unlike the wiki suggests, this requires no
> knowledge of Perl.  The tests are for the UI of the scripts and
> therefore are written in shell.

May be I need to dive a bit more into this.  Hopefully I will find some
time at DebConf.  Any kind of help / patches would be welcome for sure.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de