Re: [Debian Wiki] Mise à jour de « debian/watch » par PaulWise

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 08:32:24AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > just a brief comment while seeing this change to the Debian wiki page.  "Not
> > flexible enough" is very open-ended and calls for continuous updates of watch
> > files that work perfectly at the moment of their update.
> >
> > I think that all of this suggests that we would benefit of having this
> > complexity transferred to uscan:  if the file looks like a compressed tar
> > archive, like 'foo.tar.gz', then look for other common compressions or formats
> > if no file is found.
>
> +1

+1

> Or maybe allow usage of some predefined variables:
> - $ARCHIVE_EXT -> (?:zip|tgz|tbz|txz|(?:tar\.(?:gz|bz2|xz)))
> - $COMPRESSION_EXT -> (?:gz|bz2|xz)
> - $ANY_VERSION -> (?:\d\S*)

+1

> Can you file a bug report against uscan ?

Besides the fact that it was mentioned that there is such a bug I wonder
how bugs for devscripts are really handled.  I did opened two bugs, created
a Git repository with patches, described things in Wiki[1] ... and now?

I was asked several times when all people could profit.  I added some
hint given by Benjamin Drung about automatic test cases to the Wiki[2] -
but I do not really feel competent to push this forward (and I wonder
actually why exactly for this patch this test case feature should be
required).

In any case I think we should assemble reasonable USCAN enhancement
discussion results on this Wiki page[1] because it has turned out that
the mailing list discussions does not really help once a lot of mails
become involved.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UscanEnhancements