Re: Public UDD mirror

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

On 12/07/13 at 08:25 +0200, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
Hi Asheesh,

Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org> writes:
* Is this useful to you? If so, please make me feel good by saying so. (-;
I think this is a great idea, thanks for working on it.

To make it useful for me, I would be interested in getting
udd-popcon.sql.xz as a backup from your mirror. Maybe lucas can post the
precise command he uses to automatically generate that file (it contains
the popcon tables).

Hi,

See
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-qa/udd.git;a=blob;f=scripts/dump-db.sh

Hi Michael! I'm curious how the popcon data backup would be useful, since fundamentally official UDD and my UDD are based on the same data set -- mine is just an import of the main UDD snapshot.

For the fun of it, I've set up that dump-db script on the mirror, anyway! It's proceeding now (you can watch at http://public-udd-mirror.xvm.mit.edu/last-log ) or you can just reload http://public-udd-mirror.xvm.mit.edu/ until "Last auto-update run" says Fri July 12, or you can just wait about an hour and it'll probably be done!

I also tried doing

"pg_dump --host=public-udd-mirror.xvm.mit.edu --user=public-udd-mirror udd --password"

to see if anonymous users can make their own dump of choice. It seems like no, for postgres permission reasons I can't quite figure out. If someone knows a way to fix that, that'd be great.

-- Asheesh.