Re: Public UDD mirror

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

Hey all,

I started running a public UDD mirror here: http://public-udd-mirror.xvm.mit.edu/

I'll move it to be on .debian.net as the canonical URL in the near future.

Other to-do items tracked here for now: https://github.com/paulproteus/public-udd-mirror/issues

Happy to take questions or so on here as well. Yay,

As a collection of updates:

* It now auto-updates (hourly) from udd.debian.org/udd.sql.gz (checking timestamps before downloading)

* You can see that script here https://github.com/paulproteus/public-udd-mirror/blob/master/scripts/update_udd.sh

* The page has some Javascript-based "self-monitoring" where the stamp file's Last-Modified header is displayed. Right now, it's Jan 1 1970 because the first auto-import is in progress, but presumably within 1 hour it'll be today's date.

* As a reminder, the full code (including maintenance scripts) are here: http://github.com/paulproteus/public-udd-mirror

Question:

* Is there a way to import a UDD dump that does not require erasing the whole current DB?

* Is this useful to you? If so, please make me feel good by saying so. (-;

Thanks!

-- Asheesh.