Re: Handling of new bugs filed against inexistent packages

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

>> It's not too significant, but annoying enough to disturb normal -qa@
>> traffic, in my opinion.
>
> IMVHO getting rid of an alias would be worth it, and it would make a low
> entry point for people (like me) who want to contribute.

You do not need to be on the alias to handle these bugs. I was never
there, and still handled quite a few of them. Just filter -bugs-dist@
mail that have unknown-package in Resent-Cc:, and you're all set.

> Getting back on topic, if you think another person triaging the incoming
> bugs would be helpful count me in.

Just go ahead and do it! :)

That's how I started, no need to wait for anyone.