Re: Bugs against package 'timeout'

On 2013-05-16 14:42 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> While triaging bugs that don't belong to any package I have found these:
>
> $ querybts --buglist timeout
> Querying Debian BTS for reports on timeout...
> #585745  Please drop timeout binary package
> #531787  timeout move to coreutils?

These can obviously be closed, because timeout is now indeed provided by
coreutils.

> #520323  wrong exit code when timeout not reached
> #531025  change in usage should be doc in NEWS. timeout command always take 'time' seconds to finish
> #639197  timeout program does not return exit status of executed program
> #399769  timeout: bad support for processes which use a process group

After a quick glance, it seems to me that coreutils' version of timeout
behaves correctly in all these cases, but you might want to double-check
that.

> #292817  timeout: Please support more time formats

Implemented in the coreutils version, see "timeout --help".

> As far as I can tell the package is not in Debian anymore[1] so I
> propose closing these bugs. If there is no disagreement I will do so in
> a few days.

Seems good to me.

Cheers,
       Sven