Re: [PTS] Factorizing common bits between pts.xsl and admssw.xsl

Hi.

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:57:25PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
>> In building the RDF export for the PTS I've reused variables and some
>> templates code in the new admssw.xsl. I had initially copied these.
>
> Bad Olivier, bad! :-)

For such a first big hack, I prefered not to break the PTS... I tend to
need it sometimes ;)

>> I suggest that from now on a common xsl include handles these common
>> objects, so that changes get applied to both simultaneously.
>
> A long time ago, when I was active on PTS development, I did quite a bit
> of factorization (although "reorganization" would be more correct, as
> there wasn't multiple code "clients" back then). For one thing, I
> created pts-issues.xsl as an XSL template 'library', which is used by
> pts.xsl.  Any similar factorization effort is welcome.

Sure. Even though it probably requires XSLT talent to make it beautiful,
and I'm afraid most of my code could be rewritten in much more elegant
ways... but eh, it kinda works for the moment.

I may have to switch to a more classical (Python) program some day, as
there may need to integrate things into a much richer RDF model, but
that may not necessarily happen on the PTS service...

> In fact, for future development I'd prefer if we could first do the
> needed refactoring. That would be to copy/paste templates because, say,
> if you lose interest in this, the copy/paste code will remain with us,
> like, forever.

That'd be better, yes... but in the meantime, let's do it incrementally.

Btw, I've made sure that changes made to the includes get noticed to
trigger regeneration.

> Thanks for working on this!

It's been a while since I first met you at Paris 7 to discuss RDF,
interoperability, etc. ... and looks like I'm delivering a bit in
Debian, finally, what... 4/5 years later ? ;)

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF