Re: [UDD] Suspicious data in carnivore table

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:07:53AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:02:30AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > On 17/08/12 at 09:14 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > I do not think that we should mix up past DPL with current one but
> > > carnivore_names tries to do so:
> > >
> > > udd=> SELECT * from carnivore_names where id = 154 ;
> > >  id  |        name
> > > -----+--------------------
> > >  154 | Sam Hocevar
> > >  154 | Samuel Hocevar
> > >  154 | Stefano Zacchiroli
> >
> > I think it's due to the leader@debian.org email address that both
> > Stefano and Samuel have as uid on their PGP keys.
>
> This might be some reason but I can tell for sure that this situation
> was not the case at least until and of June this year.

DDPO was using an outdated copy of UDD until recently.

> I have not dived into the creation of carnivore tables but I wonder
> whether this could be prevented somehow.

I have just committed a fix for this.
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/qa/trunk/carnivore/extract_data?r1=2762&r2=2805

The approach is similar to how merging by some names is prevented.
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/qa/trunk/carnivore/extract_data?r1=2761&r2=2762

Regards,

Bart Martens