Re: [UDD] Suspicious data in carnivore table

Hi Lucas,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 10:02:30AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 17/08/12 at 09:14 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I do not think that we should mix up past DPL with current one but
> > carnivore_names tries to do so:
> >
> > udd=> SELECT * from carnivore_names where id = 154 ;
> >  id  |        name
> > -----+--------------------
> >  154 | Sam Hocevar
> >  154 | Samuel Hocevar
> >  154 | Stefano Zacchiroli
> >
> > Any clue what might have went wrong here?
>
> I think it's due to the leader@debian.org email address that both
> Stefano and Samuel have as uid on their PGP keys.

This might be some reason but I can tell for sure that this situation
was not the case at least until and of June this year.  I'm trying to
normalise different names for the same person for the teammetrics and
I'm using a bit hackish but somehow working script

   http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=teammetrics/teammetrics.git;a=blob;f=maintain_names_prefered.py;hb=HEAD

to do so.  It is the first time that this issue occured and I think
it just should not happen.

I have not dived into the creation of carnivore tables but I wonder
whether this could be prevented somehow.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de