Re: UDD bugs stale?

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Ah, bugs imports have been failing for a few days, with this error
> message:
>
> Environmental variable DEBBUGS_CONFIG_FILE set, and /org/bugs.debian.org/etc/config is not owned by the user
> running this script. at /org/udd.debian.org/mirrors/bugs.debian.org/perl/Debbugs/Config.pm line 111.

> debian-debbugs@, what's the reason for the change that introduced that check?

Primarily because you could run code as the user running the script by
setting that variable, and I wanted people to know that's what they
were doing.

> It's not trivial to work around that in UDD because:
> - DSA does the mirroring for us, so files are owned by 'debbugs-mirror', not 'udd'
> - we use the perl modules from the mirror (we don't have our own copy)
>
> How do you recommend we fix this?

One way would just be to cp /org/bugs/debian.org/etc/config foo; DEBBUGS_CONFIG_FILE="foo";  blah blah blah;

another would be to convince me that what I did out of an abundance of
caution wasn't particularly useful (which could be true.)

Don Armstrong

--
Where I sleep at night, is this important compared to what I read
during the day? What do you think defines me? Where I slept or what I