Re: request for help to fix common mistakes in wnpp bugs

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 08:00:03AM +0200, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> writes:
> >> Aha! So this is where it started! I'd like to make a suggestion to the
> >> script that was used for this task: If someone retitles an ITP bug from
> >> ITP to ITP, ignore that, and don't consider said person for the
> >> owner. (Or at best, warn the calling user to double-check).
>
> > It is also not clear to me what kind of problem you seem to have noticed with
> > retitling an ITP bug.  Can you give an example (bug number) and explain what
> > went wrong with it ?
>
> As for an example, see #675276.
(...)
> Then Nathan set me as owner

Yes, at first sight this seems a mistake, and you seem to have fixed that
properly.

> A script could catch this easily,
> hence the patch offer in the previous mail. Provided a script exist,
> which I'm not sure about,

I don't think this can be processed easily with a script.  If you intend to
write such a script, then I'm interested in reviewing it.

> Nathan told me he didn't use one.

In that case it was just an honest mistake, not the result of a buggy script,
so there's no immediate need to verify all other "owner" commands.

Regards,

Bart Martens