Any chance to pg_dump UDD partially (Was: Any chance to reduce size of bugs.d.o mirror for UDD import)

Hi,

it seems a fully bugs.debian.org mirror is necessary to update the bug*
tables inside UDD.  Because this is not really applicable here in the
long run I wonder whether I could use pg_dump / pg_restore from original
UDD.

I thought about something like:

#!/bin/sh

GETFROMHOST=udd.debian.org
TABLES="bugs \
        bugs_blockedby \
        bugs_blocks \
        bugs_fixed_in \
        bugs_found_in \
        bugs_merged_with \
        bugs_packages \
        bugs_tags \
        bugs_usertags"

for tab in $TABLES ; do
   psql udd -c "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ${tab};"
   ssh $GETFROMHOST "pg_dump --no-owner --format=custom --table ${tab} udd | bzip2" | \
     bunzip2 | \
     pg_restore --no-owner --format=custom --table ${tab} --dbname=udd
done

I have no idea whether this is advisable regarding performance of UDD
host.  In any case it does not work like this because a normal user
can not "psql udd" but rather needs to sudo into user udd.  I do not
really consider it a good idea to do this via

     psql service=udd

from alioth because having just another host on another continent
inbetween just for permission issues sounds crazy.  In short:  Do you
see a reasonable way for a pg_dump - pg_restore path from udd.debian.org
to an UDD clone.

Kind regards

         Andreas.