Re: DEP-2: Debian Package Maintenance Hub

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >    I think that the source package, and its VCS, are the
> >    most appropriate canonical place for such information.  Now that we
> >    have “team uploads”, there is less needed to be listed in the Uploaders
> >    field for occasional help, so the best I think is to use this field
> >    to record who is responsible, and the Maintainer field to record where
> >    the information is sent.  The Hub you propose will facilitate this a lot.
>
> Yes.

I just wanted to clarify one thing. While I agree that the field will more
and more mean that, I don't believe that we ought to extract it from the
VCS.

The infrastructure shall keep its own list of maintainers associated to a
package. But we might have helper tools to let maintainers quickly
subscribe to packages where they are listed in the Uploaders.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer