Re: DEP-2: Debian Package Maintenance Hub

> High-level design of the new infrastructure

> ### Fixing the flow of information

> In order to cleanly solve the problem of the information flow, and to get
> rid of the hacks made everywhere to send a copy of the mails to the PTS,
> packages would be (progressively) modified to indicate
> “Maintainer: &lt;source&gt;@pkgmaint.debian.org” in their control file.

I assume the intention is to move the current content of Maintainer, if
it's not a mailing list, to Uploaders?  Otherwise, things like NMU
detection would break and the actual identity of the maintainer isn't
preserved in the package metadata, both of which I think are important.