Re: Load on udd.d.o

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 08:48:16AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > Is this something that the publicity team could help with; putting out
> > a call for donations like was done for snapshot.debian.org?
>
> Before going down that path, DSA and/or HW coordination decides a) that
> they want a new machine to that and b) its configuration. Doing a call
> for (*hardware*) donation without having decided that could confuse
> things up. Once that settled, -publicity help would indeed be useful (as
> an idea: we can mention in it what UDD is used for and how it's useful
> for the project).

Whatever can be done - I'm in favour of it because Blends tools heavily
relay on UDD and are currently beaten very hard by slow response.  The
tools I'm running are delayed by a factor of at least 20 compared to the
situation about three months ago.  Due to a rewrite of the Blends code
only half of the stuff I planned to run is currently active.  The cron
job for this half used to run about 1 hour when it was implemented and
currently we are facing the situation that it is not finishing on one
day (and I need to prevent that a competing job will be startet the next
day).  So I can not even seriosely think of doing even more queries
against UDD which would be needed to bring back all functionality we had
about one year ago.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--