Re: Amazon AWS credits for Debian QA work; help needed!

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 06:56:29PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I have been working on using Debian-Installer to prepare super-clean machine
> images for Amazon-compatible clouds, but unfortunately with not so much
> success.

Hi Charles,
  this is very interesting, thanks for working on it.

We do have users on "public" clouds such as AWS and we're surprisingly
lacking in supporting our users there. For instance, there are very few
Debian images in the Amazon AMI catalog, and it'd be very difficult for
our users there to trust their providers.

Modulo the technical issues, on which Lucas has already provided
significant help, I wonder if Lucas' contact at Amazon would be
interested in offering a channel for official Debian AMI in EC2. Given
that we do have users there, it's hardly disputable that it'd be better
to have official images there provided by us than only random images
provided by random users.

Of course, doing so would not be a way for us to bless Amazon's cloud or
anything, it'd be just a first step in a best effort initiative to
support Debian user on "public" clouds.

Cheers.