Upper/lowercase issues in package descriptions

Hello,

this is my first posting to QA, so here I go:

Trying to work on WNPP packages and looking through several package
descriptions, i noticed that several feature intermixed upper- and
lowercase version of the package/tool name.

For example lsof:

skainz@myhost:~$ apt-cache show lsof
Package: lsof
Version: 4.81.dfsg.1-1
Installed-Size: 444
Maintainer: Norbert Tretkowski <nobse@debian.org>
Architecture: amd64
Replaces: lsof-2.0.35, lsof-2.0.36, lsof-2.0.38, lsof-2.2 (<< 4.73)
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.7-1)
Conflicts: suidmanager (<< 0.50)
 Lsof is a Unix-specific diagnostic tool.  Its name stands
 for LiSt Open Files, and it does just that.  It lists

It here says "Lsof ..." in the description field, which, for me, quite
"hurts the eye". So as I am not a native speaker (despite for german), i
wonder wether this is an issue, or OK, because it starts the sentence
and should therefore be uppercase.

I also found several other typos, missing articles (a/an), incomplete
ellipses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis) and the like.

Is this something to spend work on (which i'd like to do), to increase
the quality of Debian packages' descriptions? Or is it too picky and
just annoying maintainers fixing typos/grammar issues/... ?

Regards,

Simon