Re: Debian QA meeting in Paris (March 18-20) ??

Hello,

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 07:34:59PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:

> the debian QA meeting will take place March 18 to 20 at Irill in Paris.
> Please see the wiki page [1] for details.
>
> Non-local participants asking for sponsoring: please fill in on the
> wiki page
> - the estimated travel cost for which you need sponsoring,
> - the number of nights you will spend in Paris, and for which you require
>   sponsoring.

During FOSDEM we had discussed the planned QA meeting, and in fact we (Lucas
and me) are a bit worried. The reason is that only 1 one of the 4 planned
non-local participants has entered his travel details as demanded. Also,
the number of participants is quite low compared to the numbers we had
at some of the previous QA meetings in Extremadura (however, the number
is not unusually low for a debian sprint).

Personally, I think that if there is a commitment from the planned
participants to work together during that QA meeting then we should
go for it, but this should be discussed and decided now. We see three
alternatives:

1) have the meeting as planned, march 18-20
2) have a shorter QA meeting in Paris, for instance only during the day of
   friday, march 18
3) cancel the QA meeting for now, and have instead a QA meeting in conjunction
   with some other later debian event (debconf 11, for instance).

What is your opinion? I think we should come to a decision soon, let's
say by one week from now.

Cheers -Lucas and Ralf.