Re: [poll] Ubuntu column on DDPO visible by default?

On 03/08/10 at 15:50 -0400, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Results: 15 votes, 10 for making it visible by default, 5 against, and
> > nobody cared enough to start a flamewar on debian-qa@.
> >
> > So I'm making it visible by default now.
>
> I'm against that change. There are too many columns already and what we need
> is *useful* information, not just a zillion of links (for which we have the
> PTS, as it is a per-package view, instead of a per-maintainer view.)
>
> I would actually like to hide some of them by default (e.g. who uses the
> "binaries" column at all?!)

Actually, I think that the problem with the current DDPO is that its
goal is to enable developers to deduce tasks from a summary of data, so
it makes sense to provide as much information as possible.

Often, it would be possible to deduce the tasks from the information
automatically (bugs, missing builds, etc) so it would also make sense to
have a tasks-oriented view, similar to what ddpo-by-mail provides but
with more tasks. That's something that could be easily done using UDD,
it just needs someone to do it.

I think that displaying all columns by default is fine. Most of us don't
do development on netbooks with small resolutions. And those who do
could change the config once (there's a cookie).

- Lucas