Re: Some thoughts about fields in UDD

[moving discussion back to the list - I guess you will not mind
 because your anwer was not really privatee]

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 04:32:15PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Well, I think it's just capturing everything in the Sources list.  Having
> that consistency where everything is captured does seem like a nice
> feature to me.

Lucas answered in the same line and while I'm not really convinced and
would prefer to see this rather in a view I have to agree that the
strategy was successfull in detecting some useless fields in packages.
However, if nobody does a checks I did by chance this would have been
undetected and if instead the importer would detect such things and
refuse to move this to the database it might trigger immediate action.

> > originated packages in our BTS.  But for pure Debian packages it is
> > redundant as well.
>
> I suspect many of them are buggy.  I'm surprised there's no Lintian
> warning for the presence of a Bugs field.

Should we file a bug report against lintian?  I might do this but I
would like to make sure I've understand things right.  (I even was not
aware that there is such a Bugs field ...)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de