Re: debcheck: "Arch: all" package pulls non-linux package by Recommends

Hello,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 07:51:26PM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Debcheck reports "cannot be satisfied on kfreebsd" to package which I maintain.
>  http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=unstable&package=ccspatch
>
>  However, package pulled by Recommends is not built on kfreebsd since it uses
>  linux kernel specific feature and blocked building with https://buildd.debian.org/quinn-diff/Packages-arch-specific.
>
>  How do I deal with this? Comments and advice are welcome :)

I am afraid there is currently no way. This would require architecture
constraints for relations between binary packages like

Recommends: tomoyo-ccstools1.7 [! kfreebsd-i386 kfreebsd-amd64]

Currently (policy 3.8.4), this is not permitted. Only build-time relations
may carry architecture consraints.

Just ignore that warning.

Cheers -Ralf.