Re: Too much disruptive NMUs

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 01:13:44PM +0200, Ricardo Mones wrote:
>   Exactly, but not for rewriting rules for dh (for example). For that one
>   there's already a process: orphan + QA (or adopt), but not NMU.

Absolutely agreed.

>   If the problem here is that orphaning takes too long then it should be
>   shortened, not bypased using NMUs for QA uploads of non-orphaned packages.

True: in fact there have been discussion in the past (on this list)
about improving our processes for (forcibly) orphan and/or remove
packages from the archive. Unfortunately they stopped a bit and never
went anywhere. I believe the last relevant thread on the matter started
at <http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2009/12/msg00001.html> (in case
someone wants to dwell into the issue.

Cheers.