Advice concerning inactive ITA for Netpipes

Dear QA Team,

recently the package Netpipes caught my attention.
I see that it was once orphaned, then got an ITA
filed, but now is dormant since quite some time.
I have pinged the ITA-applicant via the BTS-entry,
but will have to wait some time yet for an answer.

Personally I would be interested in supplying the
package with IPv6-support, which it lacks at the
moment. Observing that the upstream author has
cancelled development, no further evolvement will
come from that source.

With relatively small work I yesterday arrived at
a rebuilt package:

    Changes:
     netpipes (4.2-5) unstable; urgency=low
     .
       * QA Upload
         + Migration to format "3.0 (quilt)".
       * Patches to upstream source recovered and put to use:
         + 01-cleanup_manpage.diff
         + 02-tailored_makefile.diff
         + 11-missing_include-1.diff
         + 12-manpages_formatting.diff
       * debian/patches/20-socklen_typing.diff: New file.
         + Silence compiler warnings.
       * debian/watch: New file.

The checks for a justified update to standards 3.8.4 will
have to wait until another day. Migration to format 3.0
simply aimed at easing future modifications.

Is there some movement in the direction of removing
the package Netpipes, in view of the dormant development,
or will it be kept for Squeeze, at the same time hoping
for a new maintainer to show up?

Best regards,

Mats Erik Andersson, fil. dr

Abbonerar på: debian-mentors, debian-devel-games, debian-perl, debian-ipv6
              debian-qa