On the maintenance of Htdig

Dear QA Team,

I have only recently entered this mailing list, but hope to find
some advice. In a separate message I will address matters on the
package Netpipes, but here I concentrate on Htdig.

I am responsible for the most recent surgery on Htdig, in the
form of the package htdig_1:3.2.0b6-9.1. In fear of the label
'QA upload' I prepared those changes as NMU, and it was then
sponsored. Then Ana Guerrero kindly pointed out that Htdig being
orphaned, I could have made it a QA matter!

Now, I have continued to revise and restore functionality to
Htdig and the present status of my queued package can be seen
below. My work got stalled by the fact that KDE uses Htdig,
but that I am not prepared to install KDE to test Htdig, as I use
only the window manager Openbox myself. No desktop!

There are still some issues to address in Htdig, but I am
beginning to ponder how to get this uploaded in the end.
Making it a "QA upload", would it mean that I get the
opportunity to test my suggested upload in this illustrious
circle of experts, before an official search for sponsors?
I would really appreciate that option. If there is another
standard procedure to get at your accumulated experience,
please feel free to give me suitable pointers.

My best regards,

Mats Erik Andersson, fil. dr

Abbonerar på: debian-mentors, debian-devel-games, debian-perl, debian-ipv6
              debian-qa

#########

Changes:
 htdig (1:3.2.0b6-10) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * QA upload.
   * debian/control:
     + Standards-Version 3.8.4: No changes.
     + Debhelper (>= 7) and compatibility level 7: Use dh_prep.
   * debian/watch: New file.
   * debian/rules:
     + Include dh_lintian in binary target.
     + [lintian]: Sed cleans shebang paths in htdig-doc/.../examples/.
   * debian/htdig.manpages: Include experimental manpages for
       htdb_dump, htdb_load, htdb_stat, and HtFileType.
   * debian/htdig-doc.doc-base: New file.
   * installdir/HtFileType: Patch outdated shell script.
   * [lintian]: Mend 'hyphen-used-as-minus-sign' for debian/ht*.1.
   * [lintian]: New file debian/htdig.lintian-overrides.
     + dh_makeshlibs causes complaint 'post*-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig'.
   * [lintian]: New file debian/source.lintian-overrides.
     + Register exception to presence of 'libhtdigphpconfig.{status,log}'
       from upstream source. The clean target already deletes these files.