Re: Checked orphaned packages

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 04:10:32PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 03:35:34PM +0100, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> > PS: To be a bit more precise about implementation: the package data is
> > fetched during page creation (wml -> php) from UDD; the info about a
> > package being checked or not is stored in a db4 file. For more ask me
> > (or look at the code but don't hit me then).
>
> Without having checked your work and so perhaps I'm missing something:
> Why not writing back such an information somehow back to UDD?  Having
> another database involved does not sound like a consistent solution to
> me.

Oh, that's simple. I expect thousands of QA workers :) to click around
and I wouldn't know if UDD likes that. With this solution UDD is queried
once per cronjob (how often are QA web sites updated?). It's impossible
to do that for every visitor. (I tried a full query once on merkel and
it lasts about 5 minutes.) And we need to store that info somewhere (a
simple txt file didn't really work here).

Hauke