Re: does /var/games have to be deleted on purge? (if it's empty..)

>> * Whether it makes sense given Debian semantics or not, users just don't
>>   expect removing packages to, from their perspective, destroy data.
>>   Other distributions don't seem to do this.
> We are talking about "purging", not "removal", thus I consider this argument
> invalid. I expect "purge" to remove all traces of a package from the system.

So when I purge OpenOffice.org from my system it should then delete all
the documents created with it? They are about the same category: Created
with the software packaged here, but not related to it otherwise, its my
data.

--
bye, Joerg
Dessen NOC erklaerte uns aber, dass das Mailproblem nicht an ihnen liegen