Re: debian/watch sf redirector docs ?

[don't CC me, thanks]

Bart Martens wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 02:26:54PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> It is possible with group_id=...&package_id=... without using the
> redirector.
[...]
> I don't think we need additional info from sourceforge ; the approach with
> group_id=...&package_id=... is simply using the same information as used
> when browsing the sourceforge website.

Sure, go ahead and see your watch files fail within a month, or whenever
sourceforge makes yet another change on their website.
It has already happened with the ftp mirror, the website, the
downloads.sf.net pages, now the rest of the mirrors, and will happen again.
The pourpose of the redirector is to provide the information without having
to deal with sourceforge's mess.

>> I need to contact them anyway to see if they are willing to
>> help DEHS do its stuff without messing with the mirrors.
>
> It is, in my opinion, just a matter of enhancing the redirector,

(implementation and maintenance) patches welcome

> or documenting how things can be done without the redirector.

No.

Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net