Re: debian/watch sf redirector docs ?

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 02:26:54PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> [Mailing you a copy, hope that's ok]
>
> Olivier Berger wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > As I understand it, the redirector doesn't use the web pages and goes
> > directly checking the download areas... so no way to detect such
> > "package" filtering ? :-(
>
> No, there isn't,

It is possible with group_id=...&package_id=... without using the redirector.

> unless sourceforge decides to make that information
> accessible.

I don't think we need additional info from sourceforge ; the approach with
group_id=...&package_id=... is simply using the same information as used when
browsing the sourceforge website.

> I need to contact them anyway to see if they are willing to
> help DEHS do its stuff without messing with the mirrors.

It is, in my opinion, just a matter of enhancing the redirector, or documenting
how things can be done without the redirector.

Regards,

Bart Martens