Re: UDD snapshots

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 08:39:31AM +0100, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> The reason I am asking is because I wrote a package query interface:
> http://www.klabs.be/~fpiat/linux/comp-dist2/lenny/index.php and I
> consider to use UDD database. It would be more convenient to have a
> local copy.

That makes me wonder ...

It makes perfectly sense to not disclose full UDD querying to the
world, for obvious DOS risks. Still, it might make sense to disclose
some more fine grained queries, à la whitelist, accessible via more
web-friendly APIs, such as SOAP or whatever.

Which set of reasonable queries would be enough to implement web
interfaces like Frank Lin's?

Cheers.