Re: Removing orphaned packages from testing

Paul Wise wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Barry deFreese <bdefreese@debian.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm struggling a little with this.
>
> Same.
>
> For example defoma has 113 rbdepends & 148 rdepends. Removing all of
> them would likely remove all fonts from Debian. I don't think it is
> acceptable to break testing this much.

If there are 148 packages there should be at least what, 20 maintainers? (I
would hope there are far more) why don't they, or the fonts team, adopt
defoma? or replace it with something else? 16 months of preparation of
squeeze should be more than enough time to do any of both options.

> Perhaps removing all the orphaned leaf packages would be a good start
> though.

Or finding an adopter.

Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net