Re: Removing orphaned packages from testing

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:23:37PM -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Lenny is now out, so I think it is time to decide how to proceed with what
> was discussed during DC8. Is the release team still ok with the idea of
> keeping orphaned packages out of testing? how should it be done? via
> severity: serious bugs and, possibly automated, auto removal hints? some
> other way?
>
> In any case, I think waiting a week since a package was orphaned before it
> is removed should be enough time in case a package is marked as orphaned
> by "mistake".

Removing crap from the archive is something really welcome. But I am not
sure this is a good metric.

There are orphaned packages that given a QA upload from time to time are
in a good shape. On the contrary there are crap packages with
maintainers, often bitroting in a team.

As those packages don't have the chance to have a maintainer, I would
like to propose the creation of the "Packages without maintainer team"
to fix that. Obviously they should be lowNMU threshold.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73