Re: How long does debtag information need to propagate to UDD

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 12:55:09PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I asked Enrico via mail but got no response (since two days).  OK, this
> time of year people might be on holiday.  But anyway it seems that a
> service which depends only from one person is not a good thing.  Enrico,
> is there any description what exactly has to be done to confirm DebTags?

I've shown David tonight how to do it, bar the details of uploading the
tags, as I need to work out with ftp-master whether anyone can upload a
new version of tag overrides or not. But first I need to work out how to
upload them again in the first place because dpkg-genchanges has
changed, after which I'll need to work out if the new version of dak
will still accept my new dak patches, after which I bet I will need to
work out something else.

The intention has always been to create a proper web interface to manual
tag reviews, and THEN publicise it: the current way is clumsy, error
prone and does not scale. But the web interface to manual tag reviews
will need to have a new website backend (for which I already have a VPS
to use as a development machine, kindly donated by Truelite.it), but
then I need to work out the right combination of postgres+xapian to do
it, then build a web application around it. And I need to work out how
to keep the two backends in sync so that I can implement new features in
the new one while still keeping the old one in production.

Which may finally happen now that David has taken some concrete
interest. It took several years to see a Proper Minion arrive, let's
hope he will last.

Ciao,

Enrico

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/08/msg00087.html