Re: How long does debtag information need to propagate to UDD

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:26:44AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Lucas Nussbaum
> <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
>
> > UDD imports debtags from
> > http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/*checkout*/debtags/tagdb/tags (that code
> > was written by zack). Should we do something else?
>
> It appears that those are the tags after approval by enrico, so that
> should be fine.
>
> Looks like enrico has not had time to do approval for a long time, so
> it might be that either debtags is abandoned or the canonical location
> of the data is now elsewhere, best ask enrico about this:

I asked Enrico via mail but got no response (since two days).  OK, this
time of year people might be on holiday.  But anyway it seems that a
service which depends only from one person is not a good thing.  Enrico,
is there any description what exactly has to be done to confirm DebTags?

> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debtags/tagdb/?op=log
>
> Another issue I can think of would be there might be a delay between
> enrico committing and dak importing those, during which time UDD would
> have different debtags to the Tag: fields is in the Packages files.

I don't think that a temporary divergence of DebTags in DAK and UDD of
one or two days is a real problem.  My current fear is that people might
be attracted by the Blends tasks pages to debtag a set of packages but
nothing happens for a long time (=several weeks).  This should be the
exception from the normal situation (say about 1-2 weeks) to make sure
that people stay motivated to go debtagging.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

Kind regards

     Andreas.