Re: Udd not accessible via psql after move to other host

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:10:22AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > tille@merkel:~$ /usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/psql -q 'service=udd'
> > udd=> \d packages
> > ERROR:  column "reltriggers" does not exist
> > LINE 1: SELECT relhasindex, relkind, relchecks, reltriggers, relhasr...
> >                                                 ^
> >  o From alioth.debian.org: psql 'service=udd'
>
> That's caused by using 8.3 on the client side and 8.4 on the server
> side. Can you live without it (using the schema on the website, for
> example) ?

Well, I was just wondering what happens.  I do not really depend on
a working '\d' command - but I'd consider it as confusing if something
what I'd call 'basic functionality' just does not work (and others
might stumble upon it as well).  I'd rather prefer to install a
backported 8.4 on merkel.  If this has not real chance we should
at least add the information that '\d' does not work.

BTW, id there any reason to run UDD on PostgreSQL 8.4?

> > tille@alioth:~$ psql 'service=udd'
> > psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
> >         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> >         before or while processing the request.
> >
> >  o Same with python-psycopg2: conn = psycopg2.connect(host="localhost",port=5441,user="guest",database="udd")
>
> That's caused by an expired SSL certificate on alioth.

May I assume that somebody will care about this or should we do
any action?

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--