Re: Bugs tagged edos-relation-warning

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> (18/04/2009):
> I wonder why you filed these bugs with severity "normal":
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=edos-relation-warning;users=treinen@debian.org

Looking at this list:
 - #468423 and #468425 got minor, rationale was given.
 - #404339 is normal, but the same rationale would apply.
 - #285040 still applies, but the Policy (now 5.6.12) still says should.
 - #518400 probably will go away, but I'd say that providing an illegal
   package name might not do as much harm as a buggy version number, so
   it probably wouldn't deserver more than important.

> I'd expect that illegal package names and version numbers could break
> some tools, so I would have filed them as important as least, also
> since very few packages are affected.

Those tools should raise appropriate errors, not just “break”.

> Can you explain your reasoning? Is it because you haven't experienced
> any breakage?

Look at the actual bugreports?

(Arguing normal vs. important looks like time loss to me, but YMMV.)

Mraw,
KiBi.