Re: UDD gatherer for DDTP translations

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

On 17/03/09 at 08:51 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
  2. sql/ddtp.sql
     Create the table in UDD.  Some fields contain comments.  I wonder
     whether we should relay on the inline comments in this file or
     whether we should implement "COMMENT ON TABLE ddtp IS ...".
     Just tell me what you prefer.

I don't really care. Inline comments are fine.

OK.

  3. scripts/fetch_ddtp_translations.sh
     Fetch the Translation-<lang>.gz files from DDTP server via
     http using curl.  I did not found a better method to obtain
     "all files in a web directory" (we want all supported languages
     safely even if some additions might occure) than using curl in
     connection with the contributed script
      http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/perl/contrib/getlinks.pl.in
     I'm not perfectly happy to use a not yet packaged script and
     perhaps I should implement the fetching script using perl
     LWP::UserAgent - just tell me if you see the current method
     as drawback and I'll change this.
  4. scripts/getlinks.pl
     The script from curl contrib mentioned above.

I had the same problem with another importer and used lftp:
update-command: if [ ! -e /org/udd.debian.org/tmp/upload-history/ ]; then mkdir /org/udd.debian.org/tmp/upload-history/; fi; rm -rf /org/udd.debian.org/tmp/upload-history/*; wget -q -r --no-parent -nd -A debian-devel-* -P /org/udd.debian.org/tmp/upload-history http://qa.debian.org/~filippo/ddc/

Not sure if that would work for you, though.

I'll check this.

Please tell me what steps have to be done next to finally let this work as
official UDD gatherer in the regular cron job.

Well you can either wait for me to find time to merge it, or do the work
yourself (you'd just need git uddadm). I'm fine with either way.

Well, this depends from your estimated time frame.  I admit I'm not really
experienced with git.  I'm willing to learn and I scratched a bit on the
surface (just working as if it would be svn) but I do not think you would
like to trust a bloody beginner to do tasks which might break things.  So
if chances are good you might have implemented it in a time frame of "some days"
(<= 10 days) I can perfectly wait.  If it is rather "some weeks" (>= 2 weeks)
I might give it a try.  (This is the time frame I estimate to rewrite the
Blends tasks generating stuff and I can perfectly test this on my local
machine - but then my interest raises.)

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--