Re: UDD gatherer for DDTP translations

On 17/03/09 at 08:51 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>   2. sql/ddtp.sql
>      Create the table in UDD.  Some fields contain comments.  I wonder
>      whether we should relay on the inline comments in this file or
>      whether we should implement "COMMENT ON TABLE ddtp IS ...".
>      Just tell me what you prefer.

I don't really care. Inline comments are fine.

>   3. scripts/fetch_ddtp_translations.sh
>      Fetch the Translation-<lang>.gz files from DDTP server via
>      http using curl.  I did not found a better method to obtain
>      "all files in a web directory" (we want all supported languages
>      safely even if some additions might occure) than using curl in
>      connection with the contributed script
>       http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/perl/contrib/getlinks.pl.in
>      I'm not perfectly happy to use a not yet packaged script and
>      perhaps I should implement the fetching script using perl
>      LWP::UserAgent - just tell me if you see the current method
>      as drawback and I'll change this.
>   4. scripts/getlinks.pl
>      The script from curl contrib mentioned above.

I had the same problem with another importer and used lftp:
update-command: if [ ! -e /org/udd.debian.org/tmp/upload-history/ ]; then mkdir /org/udd.debian.org/tmp/upload-history/; fi; rm -rf /org/udd.debian.org/tmp/upload-history/*; wget -q -r --no-parent -nd -A debian-devel-* -P /org/udd.debian.org/tmp/upload-history http://qa.debian.org/~filippo/ddc/

Not sure if that would work for you, though.

> Please tell me what steps have to be done next to finally let this work as
> official UDD gatherer in the regular cron job.

Well you can either wait for me to find time to merge it, or do the work
yourself (you'd just need git uddadm). I'm fine with either way.